1. Newton, MA
The Newton Free Library is accepting submissions/proposals for exhibits in the gallery for 2012. Juried by the Library committee. 12 images of recent work, 2-D only, No entry fee. Snail mail materials – deadline is November 4. (Regina has visited the space – Email her for a little description)
2. Arlington, MA (near Boston)
The Arlington Center for the Arts has a call for a Juried Show “Regeneration”. Media – open. Juried by Sand T. Kolloch, a local artist who founded an online gallery. Membership is required ($35). Entry fees are $10 for the first work, $5 for each additional work up to a total of 3. (If you’re a new member this will run you $45 – $55 to enter). Drop0ff – Deadline is November 12. (pickup your rejected work November 15-17)
3. Bristol, RI
Gallery 279 is calling for artists for a holiday show. Their show will include larger works. The size limits are 4 feet (largest side) for 2-D and 35 pounds for 3-D. Juried bythe gallery’s former curator, Carol Strause FitzSimonds. Entry fees are $10 per piece with a limit of 2. Dropoff – deadline is November 13.
4. Attleboro , MA
The Attleboro Arts Museum is calling for work for their open members show. No jury, up to 3 pieces, limit of 40 x 40 inches or 30 lbs. Membership required, $35 for artist membership. Fee of $17 per piece up to 3 pieces (for a new member this show will cost $52 – $86). Prizes awarded by Clara Lieu, Director of the Jewett Art Gallery . Dropoff window is November 17 -19, 10 AM to 4 PM
5. Boston, MA
The Bromfield Gallery in Boston’s South End has a call out for their annual holiday small works show. Juried by the co-op artists. Entry fees are $10 per piece or 3 for $25 up to 6 pieces, 12 x 12 inches or smaller only. Dropoff – deadline is November 27.
6. Easthampton, MA (Easthampton is in Western MA)
Easthampton City Arts has two open calls.
– The first is a small works show, 8.5 x 11 inches or less. Juried, no juror information. No entry fee listed, submission by email. Deadline is November 25
– The second is a call for exhibits for their 2012 season. Juried, no juror information. No fee. Submission by email. Deadline is December 1.
* Preference given to curatorial projects, ECA members, and artists willing to head out to the area and give a lecture.
* They will look at website links
Details here (follow the link for each show to get the prospectus)